Obtaining a Card:
Library cards are issued at the Check Out Desk. A picture I.D. with your current address is needed to get a library card.
- Ohio residents may apply for a library card at no cost.
- To obtain a library card, applicants must present a photo ID.
- Those without a photo ID must have a parent or legal guardian sign permission to obtain a library card of their own.
- Out of State residents may apply for a library card for a $35.00 fee. Applicant must present a photo ID.
If you lose your library card you are required to call the library (419-352-5104) and report the card lost. If you do not report the lost card, any materials checked out on the card are your responsibility. There is a $1.00 replacement fee for a lost card.
Checking Out Materials:
Please have your library card or a picture I.D. with you to check out materials.
- Books - 28 days
- New fiction - 7 days
- Magazines - 7 days (excluding current issue)
- CD ROMS - 7 days
- Music CDs - 7 days
- Audio Books - 28 days
- Movies - 7 days
- Documentaries - 28 days
Items borrowed for you from other libraries may have a different circulation policy. Please check your date due slip.
- An individual patron may have no more than a total of 100 items checked out at one time.
- 50 pending requests at one time.
- 10 Movies (entertainment) per person (or 12 per address).
Overdue Charges and Fines:
- Fines for items accrue at the rate of 25 cents per item per day for each day the library is open.
- Patrons over 60 years of age are not charged fines (show Golden Buckeye card or other ID).
- Fines never exceed the cost of the item.
- Fines for items from other libraries may accrue differently, based upon the lending library’s policies.
- Accounts with items 60 days overdue will be assessed a $10.00 fee and will be referred to a collection agency.
- Once fines reach a total of $1.00 the patron’s account is locked until the fines are paid.
- Patrons will be charged the replacement cost and a $5.00 processing fee for every item that is returned damaged or is lost.
- Lost library cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
Items borrowed for you from other libraries may charge different fines. You will be charged the lending library's late fee, NOT the WCDPL late fee. If you have any questions please contact the circulation department.
- Items may be renewed twice online or over the phone, if there are no reserves on the item.
- Items brought into the library and renewed at the Checkout Desk can be renewed an unlimited number of times, if there are no reserves on the item.
Renewing materials is very easy and can be done several ways:
- In person. Just bring your library card and the materials you want to renew to a circulation desk.
- At a library computer. Go to any catalog terminal or computer workstation and follow the instructions on the screen display.
- By phone. Call the library at 419-352-5104 and have your library card ready.
- Via the Internet. Patrons may access their own account, place requests for items that are currently checked out, renew items, and update their record from the library’s “online catalog.” Click on “My Account” tab, then enter your 14-digit barcode (no spaces) and your PIN (last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file).