• Ohio residents are eligible for a library card at no cost; out-of-state users pay a $35.00 fee.
• To obtain a library card, applicants must present a photo ID.
7 days: Movies (Entertainment), Music CDs, & Browsing Collection Items
28 days - All Other Circulating Materials*
*Loan periods for items from other libraries may vary. Please refer to your due slip.
• An individual patron may have no more than:
o a total of 100 items checked out at one time
o 50 pending requests at one time
o 10 movies (entertainment) per person (or 12 per address)
Fines and Fees:
• Fines for items accrue at the rate of 25 cents per item per day for each day the library is open.
• Patrons over 60 years of age are not charged fines (show Golden Buckeye card or other ID).
• Fines never exceed the cost of the item.
• Fines for items from other libraries may accrue differently, based upon the lending library’s policies.
• Once fines reach a total of $1.00, for cards from any library in Wood County, the patron’s account is locked until the fines are paid.
• Patrons will be charged the replacement cost and a $5.00 processing fee for each item that is returned damaged or is lost.
• Lost library cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
• Accounts with items 60 days overdue, or in excess of $25, will be assessed a $10.00 fee and will be referred to a collection agency.
• Items may be renewed twice online or over the phone, if there are no reserves on the item.
• Items brought into the library and renewed at the Checkout Desk can be renewed an unlimited number of times, if there are no reserves on the item.
• The book/materials return is available 24 hours per day.
1. Going to wcdpl.org and clicking the “catalog” button.
2. Click on the “My Account” tab.
3. Then enter your 14-digit barcode (no spaces) and your PIN (last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file).