Your library card gives you access to thousands and thousands of free audiobooks, digital books, movies, music, picture books, and bestselling novels. You don’t need to pay monthly subscription fees when you have a library card. Access to FREE digital materials and to traditional library materials has never been more important.
You can come inside during Express Service hours at the Bowling Green or at the Walbridge library for a permanent, full-service, library card.
- Ohio residents are eligible for a library card at no cost; out-of-state residents pay a $35.00 annual fee.
- To obtain a permanent library card, . People who are 17 years old or younger, must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian in order to get a card.
You can apply for a temporary library card online and immediately receive a card number that is good for 60 days.
- Temporary cards will work with all digital resources for 60 days and allow you to place 1 request in the online catalog.
- When you are able, we hope we to see you in the library during our Express Service hours, where you can replace the temporary card with your permanent library card.
- Use this link to register for a temporary library card account.
- From the pull down menu, be sure to select Wood County District Public Library from the list of libraries
- Complete and submit the registration form in the pop-up window
- Make a note of your user id information and keep it where you can find it
- NOTE: If your temporary card expires before you obtain a permanent card, WCDPL will not be able to recover hold requests or checked-out items in the WCDPL OverDrive Collection, Ohio Digital Library, and Hoopla.
- Do not require parental signature. Parents will be notified by mail that their child has received a card.
- ID not required, but the child must know date of birth and contact information.
- Cards are only valid at WCDPL locations; these cards do not allow holds or computer access
- Child Cards: Children aged 12 and under may checkout up to 3 print books from the Children’s collection.
- Teen Cards: Teens aged 13-17 may checkout up to 3 print books from either the Children’s or Teen collections.
- Lost library cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
- Some digital items have 21-day loan periods.
- An individual patron may have no more than 100 items checked out at one time.
- Items will automatically renew up to four (4) times if there are no reserves on the items.
- WCDPL-owned items brought into the library and renewed at the Checkout Desk can be renewed an unlimited number of times if there are no reserves on the items.
Overdue, Lost, and Damaged Materials:
- WCDPL does not charge overdue fines.
- Replacement costs will be charged for each item that is returned damaged.
- Accounts with three (3) or more overdue items are suspended until all items are returned.
- Items kept 30 days past their due date will prompt the computer to identify them as lost. Your account will then be billed a $10 collections fee, replacement costs, and referred to a collection agency. The $10.00 collections fee is nonrefundable.
- The book/materials return is available 24 hours per day at both locations using the outside book returns.
Patrons may access their own account to place requests for items that are currently checked out, renew items, or update their record:
- Go to wcdpl.org
- Click on the “Catalog/My Account” tab.
- Click on “My Account."
- Then enter your 14-digit barcode (no spaces) and your PIN (last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file).
Rev. 5/2018; 9/2020