The State of the Library, 2021
- In 2021, the number of books, eBooks, audiobooks, large print books, etc., borrowed by our community grew by 15% to a total of 511,935 check-outs system wide, including:
|Bowling Green - 342,250||Walbridge - 42,022|
|Bookmobile - 8,273||WC Jail Library - 5,373|
|E-books/Digital Content - 114,017|
- Number of cardholders is 22,842.
- We offered 448 programs attended by 12,098 people:
• 103 adult programs with 1,570 attendees.
• 345 youth programs with 10,526 attendees.
- The library owns a collection of 198,589 physical items.
• 12,537 physical items were added.
• Plus, 3,112 digital items were added.
• 8,114 physical items were withdrawn.
- The Foundation’s No-Show Novel Night appeal raised over $110,000 for the purchase of new books, audiobooks, eBooks, large print books, and picture books.
- Author visits: Carole Lindstrom & Michaela Goade, Nancie McDermott, Hannah Dennison, Susan Meissner, Beth Harbison, David Biedrzycki
- Over 9,000 COVID-19 Test Kits were distributed to the community.
- Expanded outreach services and home delivery throughout our service district.
- Creation of our digital collection, WCDPL OverDrive.
- We continued to serve the community during uncertain delivery situations by partnering with local Woodlink libraries and forming our own hub for sharing materials.
- New ways of getting books to patrons included book bundles and personalized reading suggestions.
|State Public Library Fund||$1,806,373||57.16%|
|Foundation & Friends||$214,997||6.80%|
|Print & Digital Materials||$449,552||16.55%|
|FFE & Technology||$77,906||2.87%|
- 0.8 mill, 5-year levy passed in November 2010 with 58% approval.
- Levy RENEWED for 6 years in November 2014 with 70% approval.
- Levy RENEWED for 6 years in November 2020 with 73% approval.
- Levy funding accounts for 40% of the library’s tax revenue support.
- The current levy will next be on the ballot in November 2026.
- State funding for libraries is set at 1.70% of General Revenue.
- As the economy improves and state revenues grow, so does support for libraries. As General Revenue decreases (or is cut), so does support for libraries.
- State funding accounts for 60% of the library’s tax revenue support.
You may download PDFs of the current and previous States of the Library from the links below.