WCDPL Book Clubs offer something for every reading taste. Instructions for obtaining copies of selections may be found on the library's online calendar and through announcements in the library's weekly informational email, Weekly Updates from WCDPL.
Page to Table
Mondays | 6:30 pm | The Carter House
Foodies rejoice: join Page to Table to checkout a cookbook, prepare a dish to share, and come to discuss what worked, what didn't, and more! Plates, utensils, and cups are provided.
- January 30 - An Unapologetic Cookbook by Joshua Weissman
- February 27 - Spiced by America's Test Kitchen
- March 27 - The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook by Lisa Steele
- April 24 - Trisha's Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood
- May 22 - Food IQ by Daniel Holzman & Matt Rodbard
The Bone Chilling Book Discussion
Tuesdays | 7:00 pm | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library
Join our Bone Chilling Book Club to discuss a horror, mystery, thriller, or suspense novel every month.
- January 10 - The Sun Down Motel by Simon St. James
- February 14 - Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall
- March 14 - The Girl from Widow Hills by Megan Miranda
- April 11 - Nothing More to Tell by Karen M. McManus
- May 9 - His & Hers by Alice Feeney
- June 13 - Confessions on the 7:45 by Lisa Unger
Just the Facts Book Discussion
Tuesdays | 11:00 am | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library
Our Just the Facts Book Club discusses great new nonfiction titles every month!
- January 24 - My Travels with Mrs. Kennedy by Clint & Lisa Hill
- February 28 - The Monster's Bones by David Randall
- March 28 - What My Bones Know by Stephanie Foo
- April 25 - Dead Wake by Erik Larson
- May 23 - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
The Artful Reader
Wednesdays | 6:30 pm | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library
Join other creatives for The Artful Reader to have fun and gain inspiration!
- January 18 - Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- February 15 - The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild
- March 15 - Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
- April 19 - The Butterfly's Daughter by Mary Monroe
- May 17 - The Venice Sketchbook by Rhys Bowen
The Graphic Readers
Wednesdays | 7:00 pm | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library
The Graphic Readers is a new book discussion focused on the artistic expression showcased in the graphic novel medium. Join us to read thoughtful, challenging, and fun graphic novels to take a deeper look into how this medium adds an additional visual layer to literature.
- January 11 - The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
- February 8 - Black Hole by Charles Burns
- March 8 - Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
- April 12 - Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass by Mariko Tamaki
Coffee Talk Book Discussion
Thursdays | 10:00 am | Meeting Room C at the Bowling Green Library
Coffee Talk meets to discuss popular novels, bestsellers, and new reads
- January 26 - The Love of My Life by Rosie Walsh
- February 23 - Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt
- March 23 - Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- April 27 - The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict & Victoria Christopher Murray
- May 25 - Any Other Family by Eleanor Brown
Bring Your Own Book Discussion
Thursdays | 1:30 pm | Bowling Green Library
Our Bring Your Own Book Discussion joins the growing Silent Book Club movement. Join us as we meet, take some time to share what we’re reading, and then set aside 20-30 minutes per meeting of uninterrupted time to continue reading your current book. This book club is perfect for people who are busy and who may feel they have no time to read, and this discussion provides an opportunity to share the love of reading with others and get ideas for what to read next.
- February 16
- March 16
- April 20
- May 18
Area book clubs: need books for your group? Contact the Information Desk.