Book Discussions for Adults
WCDPL Book Clubs offer something for every reading taste. Instructions for obtaining copies of selections may be found on the library's online calendar and through announcements in the library's weekly informational email, Weekly Updates from WCDPL.
Page to Table
Mondays | 6:30 pm | The Carter House
Foodies rejoice: join Page to Table to checkout a cookbook, prepare a dish to share, and come to discuss what worked, what didn't, and more! Plates, utensils, and cups are provided.
- March 27 - The Fresh Eggs Daily Cookbook by Lisa Steele
- April 24 - Trisha's Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood
- May 22 - Food IQ by Daniel Holzman & Matt Rodbard
- July 24 - This Will Make It Taste Good by Vivian Howard
- August 21 - Preppy Kitchen by John Kanell
- September 25 - Fix It With Food by Michael Symon
- October 23 - Good Eats: The Final Years by Alton Brown
The Bone Chilling Book Discussion
Tuesdays | 7:00 pm | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library
Join our Bone Chilling Book Club to discuss a horror, mystery, thriller, or suspense novel every month.
- April 11 - Nothing More to Tell by Karen M. McManus
- May 9 - His & Hers by Alice Feeney
- June 13 - Confessions on the 7:45 by Lisa Unger
- August 15 - The Quarry Girls by Jess Lourey
Just the Facts Book Discussion
Tuesdays | 11:00 am | Meeting Room C at the Bowling Green Library
Our Just the Facts Book Club discusses great new nonfiction titles every month!
- March 28 - What My Bones Know by Stephanie Foo
- April 25 - Dead Wake by Erik Larson
- May 23 - The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- June 27 - My Remarkable Journey: A Memoir by Katherine Johnson
- July 25 - Papyrus: The Invention of Books in the Ancient World by Irene Vallejo Moreu
- August 22 - Eating to Extinction: The World's Rarest Foods and Why We Need to Save Them by Dan Saladino
- September 26 - Koala: A Natural History and an Uncertain Future by Danielle Clode
- October 24 - The World Beneath Their Feet: Mountaineering, Madness, and the Deadly Race to Summit the Himalayas by Scott Ellsworth
- November 28 - Comet Madness: How the 1910 Return of Halley's Comet (Almost) Destroyed Civilization by Richard Goodrich
The Graphic Readers
Wednesdays | 7:00 pm | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library
The Graphic Readers is a new book discussion focused on the artistic expression showcased in the graphic novel medium. Join us to read thoughtful, challenging, and fun graphic novels to take a deeper look into how this medium adds an additional visual layer to literature.
- April 12 - Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass by Mariko Tamaki
Coffee Talk Book Discussion
Thursdays | 10:00 am | Meeting Room C at the Bowling Green Library
Coffee Talk meets to discuss popular novels, bestsellers, and new reads
- March 23 - Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- April 27 - The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict & Victoria Christopher Murray
- May 25 - Any Other Family by Eleanor Brown
- June 22 - The Edge of Summer by Viola Shipman
- August 24 - Fiona and Jane by Jean Chen Ho
- September 28 - The Book Haters' Book Club by Gretchen Anthony
- October 26 - The Forest of Vanishing Stars by Kristin Harmel
- November 30 - The Change by Kirsten Miller
Bring Your Own Book Discussion
Thursdays | 1:30 pm | Bowling Green Library
Our Bring Your Own Book Discussion joins the growing Silent Book Club movement. Join us as we meet, take some time to share what we’re reading, and then set aside 20-30 minutes per meeting of uninterrupted time to continue reading your current book. This book club is perfect for people who are busy and who may feel they have no time to read, and this discussion provides an opportunity to share the love of reading with others and get ideas for what to read next.
- March 16
- April 20
- May 18
Area book clubs: need books for your group? Contact the Information Desk.