WCDPL Book Clubs offer something for every reading taste. Register online for book clubs on our events calendar.
Instructions for obtaining copies of selections and for joining groups' virtual meetings may be found on the library's online calendar and through announcements in the library's weekly informational email, Weekly Updates from WCDPL.
Coffee Talk Book Discussion
Thursdays | 11:00 am | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library and online via Zoom
Coffee Talk meets to discuss popular novels, bestsellers, and new reads.
- September 15 - Trejo: My Life of Crime, Redemption and Hollywood by Danny Trejo & Donal Logue
- October 20 - The Love Story of Missy Carmichael by Beth Morrey
- November 17 - We Are the Brennans by Tracey Lange
The Bone Chilling Book Club
Tuesdays | 7:00 pm | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library and online via Zoom
Join our Bone Chilling Book Club to discuss a horror, mystery, thriller, or suspense novel every month.
- August 16 - Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- September 13 - The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter
- October 11 - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
- November 8 - The Lost Night by Andrea Bartz
- December 13 - The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry
Just the Facts
Tuesdays | 11:00 am | Meeting Room A&B at the Bowling Green Library and online via Zoom
Our Just the Facts Book Club discusses great new nonfiction titles every month!
- August 23 - The Code Breaker by Walter Isaacson
- September 20 - Trejo: My Life of Crime, Redemption and Hollywood by Danny Trejo and Donal Logue
- October 18 - Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
- November 15 - Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law by Mary Roach
Page to Table
Mondays | 6:30 pm | Carter House
Foodies rejoice: join Page to Table to checkout a cookbook, prepare a dish to share, and come to discuss what worked, what didn't, and more! Plates, utensils, and cups are provided.
- September 26 - Trejo's Tacos by Danny Trajo
- October 24 - Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines
Reel Talk: Movie Discussion Series
Tuesdays | 7:00 pm | Meeting Room C
Have you ever wished that there was a book club for movies? Than this series is for you! Watch movies at home and then come and explore their production stories, real-life inspirations, and overall significance.
- September 6 - "Citizen Kane"
- October 4 - "The Shawshank Redemption"
- November 1 - "Jaws"
Area book clubs: need books for your group? Contact the Information Desk.