Things aren't quite back to "normal," and there may be instances when you can't get into the library or the library is closed and you don't have a permanent library card.You can still self-register for a temporary library which will allow you to borrow eBooks, magazines, downloadable audiobooks, and more.
Here's how to self-register:
- Use this link to register for a temporary library card account.
- From the pull down menu, be sure to select Wood County District Public Library from the list of libraries
- Complete and submit the registration form in the pop-up window
- Make a note of your user id information and keep it where you can find it
Temporary cards expiration terms
- Cards issued before August 3 expire September 30, 2020. On August 3, these cards revert to being valid for 60 days.
- Cards issued after August 3 are valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
- NOTE: If your temporary card expires before you obtain a permanent card, WCDPL will not be able to recover hold requests or checked-out items in the Ohio Digital Library and Hoopla.
- When you are able, we hope we to see you in the library during our Express Service hours, where you can register for your permanent library card.
Digital resources that work with your temporary card:
- Ohio Digital Library - borrow eBooks, magazines, and downloadable audiobooks. Temporary cards accepted through September 30.
- Flipster - borrow magazines. Your temporary card accepted until your card reaches its expiration date.
- Hoopla - borrow eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, music, movies, and TV programs. No waiting your selections are available immediately. Your temporary cards accepted until your card reaches its expiration date.
Digital resources which have dropped requiring a library card in order to access from home:
- TumbleBooks for Kids - eBooks for younger readers. Your temporary cards accepted until your card reaches its expiration date.