Employment Posting: Maintenance Specialist
Reporting to the Deputy Director for Support Services, the Maintenance Specialist performs a variety of routine-to-skilled maintenance (repair, replacement, and general upkeep) duties to library buildings and their components, exterior grounds and parking lots, interior furnishings, fixtures, equipment, and other real property in order to provide a clean, safe, and pleasant experience for library patrons and staff.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) with benefits including OPERS Retirement and vacation, sick, and personal time. Schedule will generally be weekdays 7am to 3pm, but will include evenings and weekends as needed. Hiring range of $15.00 to $17.00 per hour, based on experience.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year previous experience in performing building repairs in an employment setting.
- Positive work history as part of a team.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, following required safety procedures.
- Valid driver’s license, insurability under library policy, & own vehicle to travel to work sites.
- Ability to pass a detailed background check and a drug test.
Principal and Essential Duties (list is not all-inclusive):
- The major focus of this position (at least 60% of the time) is performing repair work in a safe, timely, effective, and efficient manner. Performs scheduled and unscheduled repairs involving construction, carpentry, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and other related skills with priority given to patron/staff comfort and safety.
- Perform landscaping, snow/ice removal, and cleaning tasks (including cleaning and stocking restrooms). Maintain records of building and equipment repairs, equipment and consumables purchases, etc.
- Monitor all aspects of building security and alarm systems. Maintain key inventory, issue/reclaim keys, add/delete security codes, etc. Respond to alarm incidents 24/7.
- Assist and actively support all library staff as needed to meet library mission and goals. Act with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Required to safely lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects such as ladders, tables, chairs, boxes of books, etc.; to reach, bend, or stand for long periods of time; to climb ladders; to push or pull loaded book carts; etc.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned or directed in order to promote and ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Wood County District Public Library. Interacts with library vendors, volunteers, staff, and patrons in a way that best represents the Library’s vision, mission, and core values. Requires sound judgement and decision-making at all times.
To apply, submit a detailed cover letter stating why you are the right match for the job, a current resume, and a completed job application (available to download from the attachment below) to: Maintenance Specialist Search, Wood County District Public Library, 251 N Main St, Bowling Green, OH 43402 or email documents to AJHeilman@wcdpl.org. Review of applications begins immediately.
Employment applications may be downloaded from the attachment below.
Applications are kept on file for 6 months and reviewed as openings occur.