Custodian: 20-24 hours per week; $11.00 per hour minimum, DOE
- High School diploma or GED.
- Previous experience with janitorial services and building maintenance work preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability under library policy.
- Ability to pass a background check and a drug test.
- Positive work history as part of a team.
- Effectively and efficiently cleans all areas of the Library, including restrooms.
- Additionally, performs variety of duties including but not limited to: landscaping, mowing, emptying trash, setting up tables and chairs for events, removing snow/ice from walkways, changing light bulbs, moving furniture and equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to stand/walk for long periods, push/pull objects (i.e. loaded carts or stacks of chairs), climb ladders safely, lift objects of varying weight (i.e. boxes of books, tables), etc.
Typical schedule: Usually Mondays through Fridays, as needed between 7 am and 6 pm. Hours vary depending on the needs of the library. May include an occasional evening or weekend shift. Flexibility to work around a college class schedule possible.
To apply for this position, complete a job application (available at the library or download from attachment below) along with a letter of interest and names/contact information for three work-related references. Submit documentation to Custodian Search, Wood County District Public Library, 251 N Main, Bowling Green, OH 43402.
Review of applications begins immediately. Open until filled.
*Download an application:
Applications for employment are kept on file at WCDPL for a period of 6 months, and are reviewed when openings occur.