Reference Assistant (part-time)
To ensure success, WCDPL employees must be adaptable and innovative, with the ability to self-monitor performance, further the organization's mission, solve problems, participate actively in teams, provide excellent customer service, and communicate well with patrons, peers, and supervisors.
Are you ready to create dynamic library experiences for our patrons? This position connects library users with the information they seek. You are a trainer and event coordinator. You are a natural leader, knowledgeable in overall library operations and respected for your ability to excite our patrons about the full array of library services.
- You are naturally curious and create library experiences that share your curiosity.
- In front of a group or working one-on-one, you are a natural-born teacher.
- You understand customer needs and enjoy connecting them with the right solutions; you are a sleuth at heart.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You are a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You adapt well to changing work environments and are eager to learn new skills and library services so you can share them with library patrons.
- You are passionate about “selling” the product by talking about and offering meaningful recommendations of new and classic books, movies and music.
- You love meeting and inspiring new people, you have never met a stranger.
- You are eager to advocate for the library’s mission and core values.
- You know your way around technology, having the ability to teach new users the basics and more techie things.
The life experience we are looking for: Bachelor's degree, experience in training, strong research skills, and an avid reader.
Schedule: 20.0 hours per week, as needed, including nights and weekends. Works primarily at the BG library, but may on occasion work at other locations. $13.50 per hour minimum.
To apply: Submit a detailed letter of interest, an updated resume, the names and contact information for three work-related references, and a completed application (download from the attachment below) via email to the A.J. Heilman (email@example.com) by 10 am on Friday, March 1, 2019
Employment applications may be downloaded from the attachment below.
Applications are kept on file for 6 months and reviewed as openings occur.