Jail Library Assistant
$13.30/hour, more DOE
Schedule: Day-shift, 1 day per week (7.5 hours), Wednesday or Friday TBD
This position provides library services to incarcerated individuals at the Wood County Justice Center.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with Jail and library rules so that service is efficient and helpful.
- Uses automated checkout system to register new inmates and check materials in and out to inmates.
- Evaluates and makes authorized decisions in situations requiring exception from normal procedures.
- Maintains an effective partnership between Jail deputies, library staff, and inmates.
- Establish guidelines for behavior of incarcerated library patrons.
- Meets inmates reading needs for general knowledge, reentry, and recreational reading.
- Attends training and receives instruction effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains knowledge of current fiction and nonfiction reading trends for adults and for new readers
- Shelves and shifts items, adds items, and removes worn or dated materials.
- Maintains composure and integrity in all interactions with inmates and Jail staff.
- 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of computer and applicable software to successfully perform essential job functions
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality of transactions and professional behavior at all times
- Demonstrate maturity in patron interactions
Works at the Wood County Justice Center Library; at times, may work at the BG library checkout desk.
To apply: Submit a detailed letter of interest explaining why you can meet this library need, a current resume, names and contact information for three work-related references (supervisors preferred), and a completed employment application via email to AngieBabcock@wcdpl.org by noon on Friday, Oct. 6 2023.
Comprehensive background check, including criminal record, and passage of drug test required for finalist. Open until filled. Review of applications begins immediately. No phone calls or other queries please.
WCDPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment applications may be downloaded from the attachment below.
Applications are kept on file for 6 months and reviewed as openings occur.