Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Core Services
WCDPL Vision Statement:
Deemed an essential asset by the community, WCDPL strives to engage everyone with learning opportunities and creative experiences.
WCDPL Mission Statement:
WCDPL encourages lifelong learning and advances knowledge through literature, information, and exploration.
WCDPL’s Core Values:
- Accountability. We take responsibility for our resources, actions, services, materials, and facilities.
- Expertise. We deliver quality, user-focused library services, & materials through skilled staff.
- Freedom. Free & open to all, we support the freedom of ideas & the free exchange of knowledge.
- Innovation. We explore new ways of doing things and new things to do.
- Passion. We love serving our communities and the role libraries can serve in them.
- Respect. We treat everyone with dignity.
- Relationships. We celebrate our diverse experience. We build connections & trust with everyone.
WCDPL’s Core Services:
- We offer traditional and virtual library services to our entire legal service district.
- We provide quality, in-demand, diverse materials to encourage curiosity within our diverse community.
- We deliver materials and experiences for babies, preschoolers, and families to build early literacy skills.
- We collect and share the history, genealogy, and stories of our service district.
- We link our patrons to our materials with learning, literary, and cultural opportunities.
- We provide welcoming community gathering spaces.
- We offer entertainment in a variety of formats and through partnerships.
Adopted by the Board of Trustees June 11, 1996. Revised July 9, 2008. Revised October 17, 2022.