Reference Assistant (part-time).
Are you ready to create dynamic library experiences for our patrons? This position connects customers with the information they seek. You are a trainer and event coordinator. You are a natural leader, knowledgeable on all library operations and respected for your ability to excite our patrons about the full array of library services.
- You are naturally curious and want to create library events that share your curiosity and enthusiasm for new ideas.
- In front of a group or working one-on-one, you’re a natural-born teacher.
- You understand customer needs and enjoy connecting them with the right solutions; you’re a sleuth at heart.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You adapt well to changing work environments and are eager to learn new skills and library services so you can share them with library patrons.
- You are a wizard at teaching patrons how to use technology from e-books to online databases.
- You share your passion for the product by talking about and offering meaningful recommendations of the latest books, movies and music.
- You love meeting and inspiring new people and you've never met a stranger.
- You are eager to advocate for the library’s mission and core values.
- You know your way around technology, having the ability to teach new users about basic computer skills and more techie things.
- You enjoy public speaking because you understand that it a great way to advocate for your library.
- You have great ideas to share with your team and the library as a whole.
The life experience we are looking for: A bachelor's degree, experience in presentations or training, expertise in digital literacies, strong research experience (beyond Google), avid reader, proud owner - and frequent user - of a library card from any library system.
22 hours per week, as needed, including days, nights and weekends. Work locations vary as needed. $12.25 per hour minimum.
To apply: Email a detailed letter of interest explaining why you are the best match for the job, current resume, names/contact information for 3 work-related references, and completed application (may be download from attachment below or follow this link and download) to A.J. Heilman at email@example.com.
Download an application:
Applications for employment are kept on file at WCDPL for a period of 6 months, and are reviewed when openings occur.