Bookmobile & Outreach Services Assistant
Wood County District Public Library (WCDPL) is seeking a patron-focused, self-motivated person to deliver bookmobile/outreach services throughout the county. The ideal candidate is a team player who can work with a high degree of autonomy while advancing the library’s core mission.
Some Essential Functions of the position:
1. Provides excellent customer service to patrons of ALL AGES in our diverse community.
2. Provides prompt and accurate assistance to patrons in locating information resources; promotes reading at all times; and assists patrons in finding their next favorite book. Strong computer, Internet and eBook skills needed.
3. Drives bookmobile, loads and unloads materials, and ensures proper operation of library vehicles, initiating maintenance and repair with established service providers.
4. Working with supervisor, suggests, plans, and implements a schedule of bookmobile/outreach visits at schools, preschools, senior facilities, and other institutions, as well as at community locations.
5. Works with representatives of specific groups (senior centers, day cares, etc.) to make sure the needs of their constituents are satisfied.
6. Maintains safe and careful operation of library motor vehicles for both staff and patrons; establishes clear safety protocols for the bookmobile and other library vehicles.
7. Maintains all required licensures and certifications, insurability, and clean driving record.
Are you ready to create dynamic library experiences for our patrons?
- You are naturally curious and want to create positive library experiences for seniors, children, and patrons of all ages.
- You enjoy connecting users with the right solutions; you are a sleuth at heart.
- You are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You adapt well to changing work environments and are eager to learn new skills.
- You share your passion for the product by talking about and offering meaningful recommendations of the latest books, movies and music.
The life experience we are looking for: A bachelor's degree, strong customer-service skills, strong research experience (beyond Google), avid reader, proud owner - and frequent user - of a library card from any library system.
22 hours per week, as needed, including days, nights and weekends. Work locations vary as needed. $12.25 per hour minimum.
To apply: Email a detailed letter of interest explaining why you are the best match for the job, current resume, names/contact information for 3 work-related references, and completed application (or download attachment below) to A.J. Heilman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are currenly no openings at the library.
Download an application:
Applications for employment are kept on file at WCDPL for a period of 6 months, and are reviewed when openings occur.