Library Youth Services Assistant (part-time).
WCDPL is seeking an outgoing individual to deliver high-quality library services to children (pre-K, school-aged, AND teens ages 13-17) & families. As part of a dedicated team working in a fast-paced environment, the successful applicant will put themselves “on stage” in order to connect the community to the library:
- You share your passion for the books and reading by talking about and offering meaningful recommendations of the latest books, movies and music. You are an avid reader that loves to re-read classics, read new titles, and then enthusiastically share these reading experiences with library patrons.
- You are an explorer; you are out on the floor with patrons helping them with their journey through the library.
- You understand customer needs and enjoy connecting them with the right solutions; you are a sleuth at heart.
- You engage well with others and are passionate about providing an exemplary customer experience.
- You are a good listener with lots of patience.
- You are a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
- You are both host and concierge – you maintain a safe environment for all patrons.
- You are a wizard at teaching patrons how to use technology from e-books to online databases.
- You may design and implement library events and learning opportunities that create magical, transformative experiences for children and teens.
- In front of a group or working one-on-one, you are a natural-born teacher.
Requirements: college degree; customer service experience; strong Internet, ebook, and technology skills; and extensive knowledge of children’s literature.
24.0 hours per week as needed (including nights, weekends, and multiple locations)
$12.25 per hour minimum
To apply: Email a detailed letter of interest explaining why you are the best match for the job, a current resume, names/contact information for 3 work-related references, and a completed application (http://wcdpl.org/Employment) to A.J. Heilman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download an application:
Applications for employment are kept on file at WCDPL for a period of 6 months, and are reviewed when openings occur.