Our annual Novel Night Benefit will be held Thursday, July 20 from 5:30 to 8:30 pm at the Veteran's Memorial Building in Bowling Green City Park.
The goal of the WCDPL Foundation's Novel Night is to raise funds for library materials through ticket sales, sponsorships, and auctions. It is the generosity of sponsors and donors which make it possible for all proceeds from the Benefit to be used for the purchase of new books, audiobooks, eBooks, picture books, and large print books.
Supporting Novel Night
We hope that you will consider supporting Novel Night by becoming a sponsor. The purpose of your gift remains, as always, to purchase books and other materials that will educate, inspire, and entertain our patrons. Your generous response will help make that happen. Make a donation by clicking here.
- Purchase your tickets by clicking here.
- Contact Angie Babcock at (419) 353-8044 if you are interested in:
- Donating a basket for the silent auction (or individual items which we can combine into a basket)
- Donating an item for the live auction, with a suggested minimum value of $200 minimum
- Providing a sponsorship
Here are some compelling reasons why this year's Novel Night is so important to the library:
- More than 22,500 cardholders borrowed over 541,000 books and other items in 2022 from Bowling Green, Walbridge, and the Bookmobile, thus demonstrating that the WCDPL system remains an integral part of the communities we serve.
- Additionally, 14,118 new items were added to the library's collections in 2022. This level of investment in the collections was made possible due to prior support of the Novel Night benefit.
- Over 20,084 people attended library programs in 2022, including book clubs, storytimes, and author visits. The library is an active place dedicated to learning and discover opportunities.
Major sponsors of $1,000 or more will be recognized on a permanent plaque in the library and on our 2023 Novel Night Donors page, which you can find by clicking here. You can also browse our 2022 Novel Night Donors page, and 2021 Novel Night Donors page.