We have received over 170 applications combined for the Administrative Coordinator and the Communications and Marketing Specialist positions. We are currently reviewing applications and conducting online interviews. We are not seeking additional applications at this time.
(WCDPL application form may be downloaded from the attachments at the bottom of this page.)
The Maintenance Specialist performs a variety of routine-to-skilled repair, replacement, and general upkeep tasks to library buildings, exterior grounds and parking lots, interior furnishings, fixtures, and equipment in order to provide a clean, safe, and pleasant experience for library patrons and staff.
Full-time position (37.5 hours per week) with benefits including OPERS Retirement and vacation, sick, and personal time. Schedule will generally be weekdays 7am to 3pm, but will include evenings and weekends as needed. Hiring range of $17.00 to $18.00 per hour, based on experience.
- Completion of high school diploma or GED.
- One (1) year previous experience in performing building repairs.
- Positive work history as part of a team.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, following required safety procedures.
- Valid driver’s license, insurability under library policy, & own vehicle to travel to work sites.
- Ability to pass a detailed background check and a drug test.
Principal Duties (list is not all-inclusive):
- At least 60% of time is performing repair work in a safe, timely, effective, and efficient manner. Performs scheduled and unscheduled repairs involving carpentry, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and other related skills with priority given to patron/staff comfort and safety.
- Perform landscaping, snow/ice removal, and cleaning tasks (including cleaning and stocking restrooms). Maintain records of building and equipment repairs, equipment and consumables purchases, etc.
- Monitor building security and alarm systems. Respond to alarm incidents.
- Actively support library staff to meet goals. Act with a high degree of integrity at all times.
- Required to safely lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects such as ladders, tables, chairs, boxes of books, etc.; to reach, bend, or stand for long periods of time; to climb ladders; to push or pull loaded book carts; etc.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned or directed in order to promote and ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Wood County District Public Library. Interacts with library vendors, volunteers, staff, and patrons in a way that best represents the Library’s vision, mission, and core values. Requires sound judgement and decision-making at all times.
To apply, submit a current resume and completed job application (wcdpl.org/Employment) to:
Maintenance Specialist, Wood County District Public Library, 251 N Main St, Bowling Green, OH 43402 or email documents to AJHeilman@wcdpl.org. Review of applications begins immediately.
Employment applications may be downloaded from the attachment below.
Applications are kept on file for 6 months and reviewed as openings occur.