What do I need to get a library card? How many items may I check out?
The answers are here.
- Ohio residents are eligible for a library card at no cost; out-of-state users pay a $35.00 annual fee.
- To obtain a library card, applicants must present a photo ID. Minor applicants (17 and under) must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian in order to get a card.
Child Cards and Teen Cards:
- Do not require parental signature. Parents will be notified by mail that their child has received a card.
- ID not required, but child must know date of birth and contact information.
- Only valid at WCDPL locations, accrue no fines/fees, and holds/computer access are not available
- Child Cards: Children aged 12 and under may checkout up to 3 print books from the Children’s collection.
- Teen Cards: Teens aged 13-17 may checkout up to 3 print books from either the Children’s or Teen collections.
- 7 days - Movies (Entertainment), Music CDs, Browsing Collection Items
- 28 days - All Other Circulating Materials*
*Loan periods for items from other libraries may vary. Please refer to your due slip.
- An individual patron may have no more than 100 items checked out at one time.
Fines and Fees:
- Fines for items accrue at the rate of 25 cents per item per day for each day the library is open.
- Patrons over 60 years of age are not charged fines (show Golden Buckeye card or other ID).
- Maximum fine is $5.00 per item.
- Fines/fees for items from other libraries may accrue differently, based upon the lending library’s policies.
- Once fines/fees reach a total of $5.00 on cards from any library in Wood County, the patron’s account is locked until the fines are paid.
- Replacement cost will be charged for each item that is returned damaged or is lost.
- Lost library cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
- Accounts with items 60 days overdue will be assessed a $10.00 fee and referred to a collection agency. The $10.00 fee is nonrefundable.
- Items may be renewed twice online or over the phone if there are no reserves on the item.
- Items brought into the library and renewed at the Checkout Desk can be renewed an unlimited number of times if there are no reserves on the item.
- The book/materials return is available 24 hours per day.
Patrons may access their own account to place requests for items that are currently checked out, renew items, or update their record::
- Go to wcdpl.org
- Click on the “Catalog/My Account” tab.
- Click on“My Account.".
- Then enter your 14-digit barcode (no spaces) and your PIN (last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file).
Have a question about your account? The Circulation Department can answer questions about fines, overdues, or anything to do with your library card at firstname.lastname@example.org.