What do I need to get a library card? How many items may I check out?
The answers are here.
- Ohio residents are eligible for a library card at no cost; out-of-state residents pay a $35.00 annual fee.
- To obtain a library card, applicants must present a photo ID. Minor applicants (17 and under) must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian in order to get a card.
Child Cards and Teen Cards:
- Do not require parental signature. Parents will be notified by mail that their child has received a card.
- ID not required, but child must know date of birth and contact information.
- Only valid at WCDPL locations; holds/computer access are not available
- Child Cards: Children aged 12 and under may checkout up to 3 print books from the Children’s collection.
- Teen Cards: Teens aged 13-17 may checkout up to 3 print books from either the Children’s or Teen collections.
- Lost library cards may be replaced for a fee of $1.00.
- 7 days - Movies (Entertainment), Music CDs, Browsing Collection Items.
- 28 days - All Other Circulating Materials.*
*Loan periods for items from other libraries may vary. Please refer to your due slip.
- An individual patron may have no more than 100 items checked out at one time.
- Items may be renewed up to four (4) times if there are no reserves on the items.
- WCDPL-owned items brought into the library and renewed at the Checkout Desk can be renewed an unlimited number of times if there are no reserves on the items.
Overdue, Lost, and Damaged Materials:
- WCDPL does not charge fines.
- Replacement costs will be charged for each item that is returned damaged.
- Accounts with three (3) or more overdue items are suspended until all items are returned.
- Items kept 30 days past their due date will prompt the computer to identify them as lost. Your account will then be billed a $10 collections fee, replacement costs, and referred to a collection agency. The $10.00 collections fee is nonrefundable.
- The book/materials return is available 24 hours per day.
Patrons may access their own account to place requests for items that are currently checked out, renew items, or update their record:
- Go to wcdpl.org
- Click on the “Catalog/My Account” tab.
- Click on“My Account."
- Then enter your 14-digit barcode (no spaces) and your PIN (last 4 digits of the phone number we have on file).
Have a question about your account? The Circulation Department can answer questions about fines, overdues, or anything to do with your library card at firstname.lastname@example.org.